Saturday 10 July 2010

Camel riding and back to UB

10 July

Day 227: Central Mongolia

Last challenge of the trip – camel riding. It took 30 minutes for me to realize it is not really my call. 30 minutes was fun… more? thanks but no thanks :D


We drove for 8 hours back to UB, talk to the manager of Khongor, Ogna got fired and we paid less for our trip (in the end 23 USD per person).

This trip was one of the most beautiful as scenery from what I’ve seen in our travel but also one of the most stressful because of the guide and common atmosphere at the end of the trip.

Anyway, Khongor did not have free rooms, so we moved to the neighbor hostel, where we met 4 French who were staying in Khongor with us, before the trip. They said we must go to out together, so me, Juli and Marketa ended up going out with 10 French and 2 Mongolian to one of the most fancy nightclubs in UB called Brilliant.

Some beers and some dancing, together with local fashion, helped us to relax and really have fun at the end of the stressful trip :D

1 comment:

  1. Seems you had an awful experience due to the awful guide who could possibly resemble an ogre :P Anyways, I am a Mongolian and it was really fun reading your story spent in my country. Yes, Mongolia is still a developing, poor country, but I personally see you had some fun there :) Thank you for the story.

    ReplyDelete